Interstate Child Custody Information provided by a Houston Child Custody Attorney

Are you currently involved in an interstate child custody dispute? If so, you may want to research all of the laws that will affect you in Texas. An experienced Houston child custody lawyer at John K. Grubb & Associates can assist you in learning more about child custody disputes.

Due to interstate child custody laws, if both parents live in separate states, there may be a question as to which state should hear the matter. The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act states that custody jurisdiction goes to the state in which the child has lived for at least 6 months.

With some interstate custody disputes, a party may have to counsel in both states. If this happens, a person may keep their own attorney in another state, if only to challenge the states jurisdiction over the custody issue.

If you would like more information on interstate child custody, contact our Houston child custody lawyers today.

Comments are closed.